Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Buckley Summer Reading

Summer has started and we need to keep up with reading! I try to make summer reading fun so the kids don't feel like they are still in school. I want them to want to read! We have made Monday our "library" day. Barnes & Noble has a great program. If you read 8 books, you get a book for free. The kids (and I) love free books! We are trying something new with books and geography. This is how it works: read a book, get a sticky note, write the book down, place the sticky note on the map where the book took you. We're going to see how many places we'll "travel" this summer! What are doing for summer reading? Share your ideas!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Another fun idea from my 'fun idea' sister! you're always thinking of something new. Maybe we'll try it this year. Our library has a big summer reading program too. i think we'll read the fantastic mr. fox! looks really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun. I of course will be taking all of your ideas and passing them off as my own ;o). Noah is very excited about his scavenger hunt. He pulled out yesterday's newspaper almost as soon as kids left our house to start passing off everything he could from that. Keep posting, I would love to see your map fill up.

    ReplyDelete