It is spring break here in Twin Falls. I have lots of painting to do but will be taking a little time each day to do fun stuff with the kids. Yesterday our movie theater showed "The Squeakquel" for $1. Since we don't have a "dollar theater" we went to the movie (me-2 thumbs down, kids-2 thumbs up, you decide). Nevertheless, it was fun. Today I emailed some friends and we gathered at Shoshone Falls. Wow-it was beautiful. 6 moms showed up and about 25 kids were with us (us Mormon's know how to procreate!). We went for a hike then had a picnic. The kids ran, climbed, rolled, and played. It has been awhile since we could just hang out at the park. I think we even have a few pink cheeks. Shoshone Falls is one reason I really love Twin Falls. We don't have big mountains but the canyon has a different beauty. It was very peaceful and relaxing. Good food, great conversation, and beautiful weather-I figured if I didn't blog about it today, I would forget how nice it was. It feels good to take time and smell the roses!
"The most important thing is not to win but to take part, just as in life the most important thing is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well." -The Olympic Creed
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Shoshone Falls
It is spring break here in Twin Falls. I have lots of painting to do but will be taking a little time each day to do fun stuff with the kids. Yesterday our movie theater showed "The Squeakquel" for $1. Since we don't have a "dollar theater" we went to the movie (me-2 thumbs down, kids-2 thumbs up, you decide). Nevertheless, it was fun. Today I emailed some friends and we gathered at Shoshone Falls. Wow-it was beautiful. 6 moms showed up and about 25 kids were with us (us Mormon's know how to procreate!). We went for a hike then had a picnic. The kids ran, climbed, rolled, and played. It has been awhile since we could just hang out at the park. I think we even have a few pink cheeks. Shoshone Falls is one reason I really love Twin Falls. We don't have big mountains but the canyon has a different beauty. It was very peaceful and relaxing. Good food, great conversation, and beautiful weather-I figured if I didn't blog about it today, I would forget how nice it was. It feels good to take time and smell the roses!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks like a great time Steph. What a beautiful day. I'm glad you took a break from "the house" for a little while.
ReplyDelete