Friday, March 26, 2010

Our House!

As some of you know, around Christmas we bought a house. I am finally blogging about it! We weren't really "looking" but the opportunity knocked. It is older, needed lots of updates and is in Kimberly. It was the price we couldn't pass up. The house is 2800 sq. feet, 5 bed, 2 bath and a great yard. We have a very affordable house payment. We feel good about not over extending ourselves. If anything happened to Brett's job or the country we could still keep our house. I don't mean to sound negative but nothing is for sure and we only we can provide for our family. With all that said-this house is going to be great! We ripped out all flooring, lighting, some walls, and anything else installed before 1980! To say this is has been a project is an understatement. It has been an adventure, and learning experience that has helped our family grow. We could not have done this project without the help and support of our family. My dad has been here every spare moment, even taking a few days off work. My mom & Brett's parents have helped babysit the kids. Our bro-in-law, Matt, came from Utah to help with tile. He knows how to work and did an amazing job. I've painted every inch on the upstairs while Brett & my dad worked on demolition and building up. Over the last 3 months we have spent hours, after hours remolding our house to make it a home. Hopefully, within the next month we might actually live in it. It is hard to show in pictures how much work has been done. So many little things take a lot of time. I am getting more and more excited every day! I'll keep you updated when we finally finish our project. The pictures aren't in chronological order. Sorry-it's getting late. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. i am excited to see the finished project! You'll have to post before and after photos of each room. You know, very HG TV. Good for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. steph,
    my stomach gets in knots as i look at all the pictures..only because I feel your pain!! i KNOW how much work it is, and i can tell how beautiful it's going to be!! I can't wait to see it. your mural of the grass looks amazing, your cabinets are gorgeous, and i love the blue in the bathroom..not to mention the tile, your food storage room and the big tree in the back yard!! i need to come visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, the photos are great but they don't even begin to show the enormous changes you have accomplished with this project. I am amazed and so proud of all of you with this undertaking. You will have a beautiful home soon!!

    ReplyDelete