Last weekend the kids and I along with Grandma Walker took a long overdue trip to visit Kim's family. Kim organized the Orchard Days fun run. These little Utah towns know how to have a festival! Our nieces Ellie & Hannah were in the parade and danced at the park. We had a great time. We traveled home with two extra creatures. Porter got a frog at the park and Meg caught a frog at a pond near Kim's house. A few days ago Brett was digging another 5' hole and found a couple more frogs. We caught the one above. It really was the weirdest frog I've ever seen. What kind of frog lives 5' in the ground? We let this frog go (we thought it might eat the small frogs). I wonder what we'll bring home from Utah next time we visit?!
"The most important thing is not to win but to take part, just as in life the most important thing is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well." -The Olympic Creed
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Travels with a frog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How fun! Wish we could've come! And how nasty is that frog you found in the dirt.. gross! What a good mom to let your kiddos take home the other ones clear from Utah! I dont know if I could do that..
ReplyDeletenext time you can take home snakes! We had a wonderful time. your family is so much fun! thanks again for all your help. love you:)
ReplyDeleteLove it! Frogs and salamanders. you are not kidding about the parallel lives. Is the store The Creation Station? If so, I love it and will definitely have to come visit.
ReplyDeleteThere is part of me that is sad I missed seeing all of you, and there is a larger part of me that feels like we would have been intruding on all this family fun! Such adventures you all have!!!! So fun to read about and see the pictures!
ReplyDeleteThank you for taking me along to Kim's. We had a fun time. So good to see all the kids play together and love each other so much.
ReplyDeleteQueridos Stephanie y Brett, que linda la pagina, que hermosa familia, los bebes estan preciosos, los queremos mucho!
ReplyDeleteFamilia Terry / Lima Peru