Megan started 3rd grade yesterday. Yes, 3rd grade! Yikes. I don't like the sound of that. After two days, she still loves it. With all our moves, this is her 4th school in 4 years. At least she is used to change. One good thing, she has her brother with her this year. Porter started 1st grade. I think he wanted me to go with him. If there was an extra desk, I might have! There are 12 boys and 7 girls in his class. I am sure he'll have some buddies pretty soon. With Megan & Porter gone it will give Grace & Annie a little "sister" time. School-just another one of those milestones that reminds you life goes by to fast!
"The most important thing is not to win but to take part, just as in life the most important thing is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well." -The Olympic Creed
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
First Day of School! First Day of School!
Megan started 3rd grade yesterday. Yes, 3rd grade! Yikes. I don't like the sound of that. After two days, she still loves it. With all our moves, this is her 4th school in 4 years. At least she is used to change. One good thing, she has her brother with her this year. Porter started 1st grade. I think he wanted me to go with him. If there was an extra desk, I might have! There are 12 boys and 7 girls in his class. I am sure he'll have some buddies pretty soon. With Megan & Porter gone it will give Grace & Annie a little "sister" time. School-just another one of those milestones that reminds you life goes by to fast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
They look so cute and so grown up! I can't believe Meg is a 3rd grader! And Porter in 1st! Time goes by too fast!!
ReplyDeleteYeah, third grade is freaking me out too. Megan looks so cute in her glasses. Noah is getting his new frames this week. He has grown out of his first pair!
ReplyDeleteThose first day of school pictures are so fun. I remember a little girl with glasses standing out on her front porch just yesterday....
ReplyDeleteAMEN, sister!
ReplyDelete