On a recent trip to the library as we were walking out my books didn't make it through security. As I was detained the kids went on with me (so much for not leaving anyone behind!). As I walked down the ramp to meet the kids this is how I found them. Each diving into their recently found treasure. It's almost like Christmas morning when we come home from the library. Each kid wants to see what the other one got. They spend sometimes up to 2 hours sitting in the front room reading, laughing, exchanging. The other thing that made my heart swell on this particular day was across the street from the library "Western Days" was going on. A big celebration with carnival rides, yummy food, entertainment. The kids never asked to go. They were happy in the library and the loot they found there. It's almost like Christmas morning every 3 weeks (once a week in the summer).
I love this! My kids are learning from their example. The best day of the week is going to the library to get new books!
ReplyDeleteLove it!
ReplyDelete