Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thankful...

"How Different"
by Richard Chenevix Trench

Some murmur when the sky is clear
And wholly bright to view,
If one small speck of dark appear
In their great heaven of blue:
And some with thankful love are filled,
If but one streak of light,
One ray of God's good mercy, gild
The darkness of their night.

With Thanksgiving approaching I've been reflecting on my many blessings.  So many small things each day that remind me of God's love.  I'm often humbled by the beauty of the earth around me.  Once a week I run on a trail with a view of Shoshone Falls.  While the mornings have recently turned dark, I still hear the sounds of the water and see the sunrise on the horizon.  Inside our home I see the blessings of my family. Healthy, smiling, kids and a handsome, helpful husband who loves me despite of my faults. Whether they are big or small each blessing comes from our Heavenly Father.  I am thankful, so very thankful, for them all.

"Remembrance is the seed of gratitude which is the seed of generosity." Pres. Eyring

Greg, me and mom at Shoshone Falls earlier this summer.
Beautiful falls, beautiful people.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful you're my sister!! Love all of you! Looking forward to seeing you in a couple of days. Have a Happy Thanksgiving Buckley family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful you're my daughter!! What a wonderful daughter you are!! What a blessing you are in my life. Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete