Monday, July 11, 2011

Time Flies...


Not really sure where the time as gone since school got out. Here we are the middle of July and I feel like summer just started. We worked hard in May planting our first garden. No pictures (yet) but lots of weeding, planting, weeding, watering, and weeding! I sure hope something grows. Kids out of school, baseball, and then it's the 4th of July! Here are a few events that have taken up our time!

The first weekend of June Porter got baptized. What handsome men! It was a beautiful experience.

Lots of wonderful family to celebrate the baptism. This is the Buckley side. Sorry, Walker's-I didn't our group picture!

Then on to the 2nd week of June-Utah Valley Marathon. Lots of miles, time, shoes, sweat, tears, laughter, and pain went into this marathon. I really enjoyed this marathon. Beautiful scenery plus two of my sisters in the race. I was a little ways behind them but knowing they were in the race kept me going. We got to celebrate together afterward!

Reasons why I run!

This might gross some people out but its a sign of a good race!

Ange, Kim and I-we look like we could run another marathon!

With a saturday free of gardening, running and work we took a day trip to the City of Rocks (only about 1 1/2 hour drive!). One of those places in Idaho I always felt like we should go but never had. This picture does not do justice to the scenery. Lots of rocks, of course, but beautiful trees, lizards, streams can also be found. We went with the Gourley family and had a blast. Check this off our "places to visit in Idaho" list.

Baseball/softball consumed our June afternoons & evenings. I didn't get any pictures of Meg but both kids had fun. I complain about the time but I really enjoy the nations pasttime. Baseball & June just go together!

And of course, Father's Day! The kids drew their dad then taped their creations to "Dads" pop bottles. They turned out really cute!
Well, summer is now half over. We still have family reunions, camping, fishing, hiking, swimming, etc. Oh boy, time really does fly!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your summer update!!!! All the pictures tell the story of the fun-filled Buckley family adventures.

    ReplyDelete