Meg gets the wonderful opportunity of participating in a after school program at the middle school. A few weeks ago her team "The Cyclopes" took part in the First Lego League competition. The team gets a kit of legos and they build a robot. Then they program the robot to perform different tasks. (To tell the truth I'm not even sure of everything the students do). The competition was at CSI this year. Teams from Boise & the Magic Valley competed. Four teams won different divisions then head to the state competition. The Cyclopes won the "team work" division. They head to the state competition in Boise next month. Meg has loved this program. It was really fun for the family to see her team compete. Lego robotics! Sometimes, I wish I was a kid again!
"The most important thing is not to win but to take part, just as in life the most important thing is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well." -The Olympic Creed
Saturday, November 20, 2010
The Cyclopes
Meg gets the wonderful opportunity of participating in a after school program at the middle school. A few weeks ago her team "The Cyclopes" took part in the First Lego League competition. The team gets a kit of legos and they build a robot. Then they program the robot to perform different tasks. (To tell the truth I'm not even sure of everything the students do). The competition was at CSI this year. Teams from Boise & the Magic Valley competed. Four teams won different divisions then head to the state competition. The Cyclopes won the "team work" division. They head to the state competition in Boise next month. Meg has loved this program. It was really fun for the family to see her team compete. Lego robotics! Sometimes, I wish I was a kid again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I sure wish I could have been there!! What a great time Meg is having. I can see it in her smile.
ReplyDelete