Thanksgiving was a beautiful day! The sun was shining, I got a long run in and my parents came to be with us (Brett is on call for Thanksgiving so we can have time off at Christmas). I am so glad to have my parents with us. My mom saved the day making the gravy. She also taught Megan how to make her famous mashed potatoes. The turkey turned out great and (hopefully) everyone had one of their favorite side dishes. I forgot to make everyone dress as pilgrims and Indians! I even made the girls pilgrim aprons and bonnets! Next year. Most memorable part of the day-We sat down for dinner, shared what we were thankful for and got ready for the prayer when Annie came to my lap and puked all over! Nice. Got her (and me) cleaned up, started eating dinner (not Annie) when she came back and puked again! What the heck! I know the food didn't make her sick because we hadn't eaten yet. Anyway, she was fine the rest of the day. We will always remember the Thanksgiving where Annie puked at dinner. Hope everyone had a wonderful day. Now on to Christmas!
"The most important thing is not to win but to take part, just as in life the most important thing is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well." -The Olympic Creed
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving was a beautiful day! The sun was shining, I got a long run in and my parents came to be with us (Brett is on call for Thanksgiving so we can have time off at Christmas). I am so glad to have my parents with us. My mom saved the day making the gravy. She also taught Megan how to make her famous mashed potatoes. The turkey turned out great and (hopefully) everyone had one of their favorite side dishes. I forgot to make everyone dress as pilgrims and Indians! I even made the girls pilgrim aprons and bonnets! Next year. Most memorable part of the day-We sat down for dinner, shared what we were thankful for and got ready for the prayer when Annie came to my lap and puked all over! Nice. Got her (and me) cleaned up, started eating dinner (not Annie) when she came back and puked again! What the heck! I know the food didn't make her sick because we hadn't eaten yet. Anyway, she was fine the rest of the day. We will always remember the Thanksgiving where Annie puked at dinner. Hope everyone had a wonderful day. Now on to Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! what an eventful thanksgiving. i can't believe we missed it:) The turkey looked delish. See ya soon. love you:)
ReplyDeleteWhat a memorable Thanksgiving!! We appreciate all your effort to make it such a perfect day. Poor Annie:( It was so fun to be there. Love you all!
ReplyDelete